About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Is Our Retro Obsession Ruining Everything?

In his seventh book “Retromania,” British-born rock critic and music memorabilia collector Simon Reynolds asserts that there’s never “been a society so obsessed with the cultural artifacts of its own immediate past” as ours.
My first experience with looking back nostalgically at the culture of the last decade was when I went to a rock and roll revival concert in Toronto featuring Shanana in 1969. 
Then I met my husband, a mere boy back then, who listened to Frank Sinatra, watched noir movies and dressed in vintage clothes. I entered his time machine
and never came back.

More at Collectors Weekly

No comments: