About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Discovering Literature through the collections of the British Library

The British Library has put 1,200 of its "greatest literary treasures" online. Discovering Literature, a portal to digitized collections and supporting material. The first installment, Romantics and Victorians, includes work from Austen, the Brontes, Dickens, and Blake. Discover 1,200 Romantic and Victorian literary treasures, new insights by 60 experts, 25 documentary films, 30 inspirational teachers’ notes and more. Future modules will expand coverage of the site to encompass everything from Beowulf to the present day.

Earliest known writings of Charlotte Brontë.
Photograph: Brontë Parsonage Museum


Via  MetaFilter

No comments: