About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lakeside Lantern a Glowing Tribute To Irish Poet



"According to the poem by W.B. Yeats, the Lake Isle of Innisfree is a place where "midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow" and "peace comes dropping slow." The Yeats 2015 Architectural Competition asked designers to interpret the famous verse and take advantage of a rare opportunity to stage a temporary intervention in a protected landscape, receiving more than 100 entries before the mid-March deadline. The winner, Square Moon, designed by Yong ho Shin and John Randle of Anglo-Korean studio shindesignworks, executed a simple concept well, placing a luminous lantern within an aluminum frame."



More: Curbed National

No comments: