About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

So Many Books, So Little Time

Writers share their favourite books of the last year in The Guardian. I have read The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell and A Spool Of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler and am reading The Wallcreeper by Nell Zink.

It's evident that I'll have to spend less time on social media and more time reading if I want to make it through all the books that interest me on this list. The Elena Ferrante novels are on my bookshelf and I plan to read them on flights to and from the far east in December and January.

These also look like must reads:

The Green Road by Anne Enright
Nora Webster by Colm Tóibín
A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
John Aubrey by Ruth Scurr
The Little Red Chairs by Edna O'Brien
Purity by Jonathan Franzen
The Buried Giant by Kazoo Ishiguro
Stalin's Englishman: The Lives of Guy Burgess by Andrew Lownie
Margaret Thatcher: Everything She Wants by Charles Moore


If I manage to get through these I'll consider 2016 to be a year well-read.

No comments: