About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, January 22, 2016

A Gallery Of Overlooked Books


What may be Canada’s most unusual collection of books is housed inside Letters Bookshop in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It has been curated  for more than five decades by Nicky Drumbolis, one of the more unusual personalities the Canadian book trade has ever produced. He has devoted a great portion of his life to work that “slips through the cracks.” Pamphlets and hand-sewn chapbooks that were produced in minuscule print runs; novels and poetry collections published by the most obscure of presses; the work of authors whose names the world has forgotten, if it ever knew them.

Read more 

No comments: