About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Disclaimer

Disclaimer is the debut novel from scriptwriter Renée Knight.  Catherine Ravenscroft is a successful documentary filmmaker, happily married to Robert. When they move into their new home Catherine discovers a self‑published book titled The Perfect Stranger on her bedside table. She starts reading it and, to her horror, finds that it contains details of an incident that she has kept secret for 20 years. She suspects that the author is seeking revenge and her suspicions prove to be sound.
The book tells the stories, in alternate chapters, of Catherine and retired teacher Stephen Brigstocke. What connects the two characters? What happened two decades ago? Who wants to destroy Catherine's life? I had to find out. It's a page turner with well-developed characters and interesting plot twists that kept me guessing. Disclaimer is a gripping psychological thriller and the perfect book to read poolside in the tropics.

No comments: