About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, March 18, 2016

And the Winner of the Oddest Book Title of the Year Goes to

The winner of the award for  Oddest Book Title of the Year is……….
Too Naked for the Nazis,  The Biography of Wilson, Keppel and Betty.




Originally going to be called Walk Like Three Egyptians, the title was changed to reflect how appalled the Nazi leadership of Germany were in 1939 when they saw the trio’s act.

From Wikipedia:
The Bookseller/Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year, originally known as the Diagram Group Prize for the Oddest Title at the Frankfurt Book Fair, commonly known as the Diagram Prize for short, is a humorous literary award that is given annually to a book with an unusual title. The prize is named after the Diagram Group, an information and graphics company based in London, and The Bookseller, a British trade magazine for the publishing industry.

Via: For Reading Addicts

No comments: