About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The letter George H.W. Bush left for Bill Clinton before leaving office

In a collection of his writings, All the Best, George Bush, George H.W. Bush’s writes: "I leave a note on the desk for Bill Clinton. It looks a little lonely sitting there. I don't want it to be overly dramatic, but I did want him to know that I would be rooting for him."





 In Bill Clinton’s autobiography My Life, he writes: "I thought about the note to President Bush I would write and leave behind in the Oval Office, just as his father had done for me eight years earlier.
“I wanted to be gracious and encouraging, as George Bush had been to me. Soon George W. Bush would be President of all the people, and I wished him well.


More Here 

No comments: