About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The JT LeRoy Hoax

In the late 90s, JT LeRoy’s autobiography of his abuse as a young man became smash cult hit with a large following of celebrity fans. JT himself was a mystery: shy and hiding behind a floppy hat, big sunglasses and a blond wig. Then the true story emerged. The person claiming to be JT was actually a woman named Savannah Knoop. The real author of JT LeRoy’s novels was Knoop’s sister-in-law.

Savannah Knoop as JT LeRoy
Jeff Feuerzeig's new documentary about the hoax titled  Author: The JT LeRoy Story will be in  cinemas from 29 July and the JT LeRoy books Sarah and The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things (Little, Brown) are being reissued to coincide with the film's release.

 More here

No comments: