About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, September 09, 2016

The Adventures Of a Dreamer



Albert Grass: The Adventures of a Dreamer is part of a project by Scottish multimedia artist Zoe Beloff. It is the imagined dream journal of Albert Grass, founder of the Coney Island Amateur Psychoanalytic Society. "The Strange Adventures of a Dreamer" is a hand-drawn prototype for a comic book created by the fictional Albert Grass over a period of time just prior to World War II. 

"Many of Albert Grass' anxieties speak directly to us today. Grass suffered the aftereffects of a brutal war. He worried about his neighbors being evicted. He felt the guilt of an artist who feels he should be more deeply engaged in a struggle for social justice. Previously unpublished, this facsimile edition makes available for the first time an early attempt to use the language of the comic book to graphically manifest the unconscious. " - Beloff

It is available from Amazon and other selected booksellers.
Via 

No comments: