About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Writer in 29th year of solitary confinement barred from reading his own book


William “Billy” Blake is serving a 77-to-life sentence, and has been in solitary for 29 years, since he killed a guard in a failed escape attempt. He is one of the contributors to 2016's Hell Is a Very Small Place: Voices from Solitary Confinement, a book he's never seen, held or read; he's never seen his widely read essay "A Sentence Worse Than Death," which won Honorable Mention in the Yale Law Journal’s Prison Law Writing Contest, in print.

You can write to Blake at: William Blake #87-A-5771, Great Meadow Correctional Facility, 11739 State Route 22, PO Box 51, Comstock, New York 12821-0051.

More: Boing Boing

No comments: