About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Oh No Google Is Down! Who Ya Gonna Call?

The internet is down and you need an important question like this answered ASAP:

  • What is the life span of an eyebrow hair?
  • Does the Bible have a copyright?
  • What percentage of all bathtubs in the world are in the US?
  • What does it mean when you dream of being chased by an elephant?
  • What’s the difference between pig and pork?
  • What kind of glass should I use in my greenhouse in Cuba?
  • Can mice throw up?
  • Is it possible to keep an octopus in a private home?
  • Are Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates the same person?
The New York Public Library's 'human google” is  a team of real-life people whose job is to search 120-years worth of archives and provide answers to some of the strangest, most complicated questions available. Set up during the 1940s, when search engines and the internet weren’t even ideas yet, the Ask NYPL department is made up of nine librarians and information assistants who help those who don’t have access to modern technology or simply prefer to interact with another human being.



More: Oddity Central 

No comments: