About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Franz Kafka's Last Novel ends Mid-sentence Because Of The Writer's Death


“She held out her trembling hand to K. and had him sit down beside her, she spoke with great difficulty, it is hard to understand her, but what she said…”
This is the final sentence of The Castle Franz Kafka’s last known work. Kafka started writing it in 1922 when he arrived at a mountain resort. He was already suffering from severe tuberculosis but intended to finish the novel over the course of the next several years but died of tuberculosis on June 3rd, 1924, aged 40. He got close to finishing The Castle, but the novel ends mid-sentence due to his untimely death.

More Here 

No comments: