About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

The Influential Set Who 'Lived In Squares And Loved In Triangles'.


For all my adult life I have maintained a strong interest in the Bloomsbury Group, an influential collection of artists and intellectuals in Victorian England who openly rejected the traditional ideals that they had been brought up with. I've just returned from London where the highlight of my trip was a visit to the Dulwich Picture Gallery to see an exhibition of Vanessa Bell's paintings (Bell was the sister of Virginia Woolf and a key member of the group).


Illustration:  Etsy




































The sold out print (above) by Rory Midhani maps out the groups complex inter-relationships.
Read more about the romantic entanglements within the group at this post by Messy Nessy Chic.

No comments: