About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Literary Quotes About Over-Imbibing

Signature Reads brings us some quotes from authors, for whom drinking and parties seem to be necessary evils:

Carson McCullers, The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, 1940
“Next to music, beer was best."
Dorothy Parker, The Collected Dorothy Parker, 2007
“I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I’m under the table,
after four I’m under my host.”
Chelsea Handler, My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, 2005
“The thought of giving up alcohol crossed my mind too, but I was soon reminded of the promise to Ketel One, Grey Goose, and other top-shelf vodkas that I had made in my early twenties. Never turn your back on someone who has asked nothing in return.”
More quotes 

No comments: