About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, January 06, 2018

The Magi by William Butler Yeats

Epiphany is upon us marking the official end of Christmas. January 6 marks the date the Magi, or the Three Wise Men, followed the Star of Bethlehem to visit the baby Jesus.

The Magi by William Butler Yeats 
Now as at all times I can see in the mind's eye,
In their stiff, painted clothes, the pale unsatisfied ones
Appear and disappear in the blue depths of the sky
With all their ancient faces like rain-beaten stones,
And all their helms of silver hovering side by side,
And all their eyes still fixed, hoping to find once more,
Being by Calvary's turbulence unsatisfied,
The uncontrollable mystery on the bestial floor.

No comments: