About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Good Morning, Monster

Catherine Gildiner was a psychologist in private practice for twenty-five years. In this book she writes about five men and women from her clinical cases who, as young children, lived through extreme trauma. Somehow they survived, though not unscathed, and faced their demons in therapy so that they could move on with their lives. We get to see the rough, bumpy journeys each of them take on the road to recovery over the years of their therapy. The book is a hat tip to the heroism of these five survivors and a tribute to human resilience. 
Disclosure: Cathy is my friend. We worked together on a children's ward in a psychiatric hospital almost 50 years ago. I have always known her to be bold, accomplished, intelligent and sophisticated and at a very young age it was clear that she was destined to be a success. At the age of 50 she decided to become a writer and has written three memoirs and a novel before writing Good Morning, Monster.

No comments: