About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Wry Sedaris 'grinds and grinds'

There's something delicious in chatting with Sedaris, a conversation that falls somewhere between confession and True Confessions. Part of it is self-deprecating and disarming. Other times it's just naughty, nasty or weird.
'I usually tour every spring and fall,' says Sedaris, 'but last year I took the fall off and my boyfriend (painter Hugh Hamrick) had to pay the price for that because when autumn came, I went around saying, 'Look at me! Pay attention to me! Look at what I did. Look, I parted my hair in the middle! Look, I ironed a shirt! Didn't I iron it good?' It made me realize how I needed that (public) attention just to keep me normal at home.

No comments: