About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Book of Short Stories


This thin, pocket-sized book -- no title on its cover -- whose brittle pages made soft crackling protests when opened easily drew me into its long-gone world. I'd expected an accountant's ledger, columns of faded numbers, given its drab earthy brown-green cover, but to my delight instead there on the inside flap was a bookplate bearing "Harry W" carefully penciled in beginner's cursive. The next page proclaimed this the "Book of Short Stories" with the oddly enticing notice "printed and bound under supervision of K.E. Killeen, Director of Handiwork".

Book of Short Stories | By Fifth Grade Pupils
Via

No comments: