About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Top 10 Works of Postmodern Literature

Postmodernism has become widely recognized as a movement consisting of an epic scope, innovative techniques and wide ranges of psychological and intellectual impact. The beginning of postmodernism is uncertain, but for the sake of continuity, James Joyce’s Finnegans Wake has been chosen as the chronological starting point for this list. Books have been decided upon by overall excellence rather than impact.

I've come to the conclusion that postmodernism is not the genre for me. I've struggled with all of these at one time or another. I got through American Psycho, Catch 22, Breakfast of Champions and Fear and Loathing. The others had me saying "uncle" halfway through.

No comments: