About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brian McGilloway's top 10 modern Irish crime novels

"'Crime fiction has taken off in Ireland over the past few years with a number of our best writers winning awards and making an impact on the international scene. If anything marks out the movement it's the sheer diversity of sub-genres, from PI novels to police procedurals, by way of political satire and screwball comedy. And that's not including John Connolly's Charlie Parker series which is absent here only because it is set in the USA. Many of the recent group of Irish crime writers (myself included) cite Connolly as the inspiration that got them writing. As an introduction to this recent growth and range in the genre, here are 10 of my favourites from the past decade.'"Brian McGilloway's top 10

No comments: