About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

When You Are Engulfed in Flames

I read Sedaris' latest collection of self-obsessed essays while I was in Buenos Aires. It was an ideal book to read on a trip and I enjoyed it immensely. Several of the stories had me laughing out loud, not the omg/lol type but the snorting, tears running down the cheeks type that makes a girl really unattractive. My husband kept stealing the book when I wasn't looking. I could tell he had taken it because I could hear him laughing out loud in the next room. There are a few of the priceless vignettes about his early family life that always amuse and charm me. The one that nearly did me in on the plane to Mendoza concerned a catheter. I almost needed a catheter myself because I damn near wet my panties.

No comments: