About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

London Literary Locations: Mrs Dalloway


Inspired by your votes for the best London novel, we thought we'd take a few capital-set tomes down off our bookshelves and visit the places they talk about. First off is Mrs Dalloway, Virginia Woolf's evocative story of one day in post-war London. The first few pages are as good as it gets when describing the city, so we thought we'd follow the route taken when "Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself" - even if Clarissa did her journey in June and we made ours on a freezing March day - plus a few other spots.
With photos and an interactive map!!!
Londonist

No comments: