About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleep With a Book

Loads of people have slept with authors or well-read individuals, but what would it be like to sleep with a book?

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

It’s the kind of romance that makes you want to put on a floor-length cotton nightie just so you can take it off later. The itchy kind. Before you take off your glasses and climb into bed, you sip on a glass of grape juice that tastes strongly of tannin and the experimentations of youth. Somewhere in the mix is a classic Canadian love triangle and now you finally understand what bosom buddies really means. You leave with your socks still on and paddle back home down the river, hoping you make it before your heart–or something else–springs a leak.


More at The Rumpus.net - Via Mefi

No comments: