About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The War on Cats: Jonathan Franzen and Bird-Lovers Fight Back

With birds more admired than ever in pop culture, will their top predators be driven indoors? Ben Crair on how a new study and Jonathan Franzen have spurred a feline backlash.
To the list of recent upheavals, let’s add a new entry: The tide is finally turning against cats. The New York Times made it official Monday with an article headlined “Tweety Was Right: Cats Are a Bird’s No. 1 Enemy.” The article ran beneath a photograph of a gray-and-white kitty munching on the head of a songbird. The cat narrowed its eyes directly at the camera, as if to say, “So?”

No comments: