About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Globe's 100 best books of 2011

My to-read list has just ballooned into something unmanageable. The Globe and Mail sorts the year's best books into 4 categories: poetry, Canadian fiction, foreign fiction and non-fiction.

I look forward to reading some Canadian fiction:
Better Living Through Plastic Explosives by Zsuzsi Gartner
Alone In the Classroom by Elizabeth Hay
Miss New India by Bharati Mukherjee
The Antagonist by Lynn Coady
Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan.

I'm also adding some foreign fiction to my list:
The Empty Family by Colm Toibin
Bullfighting by Roddy Doyle
The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright
Disaster Was My God by Bruce Duffy

Some non-fiction too:
Tiger, Tiger by Margaux Fragoso
Who Killed Mom? by Steve Burgess
The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
The Beautiful and the Damned by Siddhartha Deb
Blue Nights by Joan Didion

Looks like I'm going to have a busy year!




No comments: