About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Boy In The Suitcase

This is a novel by two writers, Lene Kaaberbol and Agnette Friis. Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife and mother does a favour for a friend, picking up a suitcase at the city’s main train station. She finds a three-year-old boy inside the suitcase, drugged, naked but still alive. How did he get there? Nina, a perpetual advocate for the world's downtrodden, decides she must find out where the boy comes from. She also chooses not to involve the police.As the plot progresses this choice seems increasingly ill-advised.
The novel alternates between points of view of several characters. As the various stories unfold the safety of both Nina and the little boy is threatened. It's a real page turner and I suspect it won't be long before it is made into a movie. I can't imagine it being unappealing to a fan of this genre. Me, I loved it.

No comments: