About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Books to Annoy Your Conservative Friends

"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build-why, I'll be there."
- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath, Chapter 28
BOOK RIOT has compiled a list of some of the best novels to recommend to your conservative friends, sure to make their heads spin and their claws show.
Some, like The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, are familiar lefty books.
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain is one I'm unfamiliar with.

No comments: