About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

If Don Draper Blurbed Books

See what its homme fatal Don Draper would say if asked to blurb a few books (using actual lines form the show, of course):

Anne of Green GablesWhat you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You’re born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I’m living like there’s no tomorrow, because there isn’t one.

The Handmaid’s TaleI’m not going to let a woman talk to me like that!

On publishing in general:This is the greatest advertising opportunity since the invention of cereal. We have six identical companies making six identical products. We can say anything we want.

On publishing in general, after three old fashioneds:We’re going to sit at our desks and keep typing while the walls fall down around us because we’re creative – the least important, most important thing there is.

Read more at BOOK RIOT

No comments: