About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Top 25 Magazine Articles Ever

The following are suggestions for the best magazine articles (in English) ever. Stars denote how many times a correspondent has suggested it:

********** Gay Talese, “Frank Sinatra Has a Cold.” Esquire, April 1966.

********* Hunter S. Thompson, ”The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved.” Scanlan’s Monthly, June 1970.

********* Neal Stephenson, “Mother Earth, Mother Board: Wiring the Planet.” Wired, December 1996. On laying trans-oceanic fiber optic cable.

******* David Foster Wallace, “Federer As Religious Experience.” The New York Times, Play Magazine, August 20, 2006.

******* David Foster Wallace, “Consider the Lobster.” Gourmet Magazine, August 2004.
See more here Via bookofjoe

No comments: