About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, June 09, 2013

UPTHEREPUBLIC!: Great writers sound off on the Spanish Civil War

In 1937, the Left Review asked ‘THE QUESTION’:

To the Writers and Poets of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales
This is the question we are asking you:
Are you for, or against, the legal Government and the People of Republican Spain?
Are you for, or against, Franco and Fascism?
For it is impossible any longer to take no side.
Writers and Poets, we wish to print your answers. We wish the world to know what you, writers and poets, who are amongst the most sensitive instruments of a nation, feel.
 Dangerous Minds lists the pro, con and neutral responses of writers of the day.

No comments: