About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

10 Words That You've Probably Been Misusing

One day, you were walking down the street, casually chatting with an old friend, and one of these words slipped out of your mouth. Before you can move on to your story about how Mufasa would actually make a very attractive human, your friend stops to correct your error, and suddenly, your whole life starts to feel like one giant lie.
Peruse:
What you may think it means: to skim or glance over something
What it actually means: to review something carefully/in-depth

Bemused:
What you may think it means: amused
What it actually means: confused

Nauseous:
What you may think it means: to feel sick
What it actually means: to cause nausea
See more Words That You've Probably Been Misusing

No comments: