About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, October 04, 2013

William Burroughs and Tom Wolfe headline beat literature auction

Ken Kesey, seen with the original Merry Pranksters bus in 2001, is among signatories
to an auction copy of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. Photograph: Brian Davies/AP

An empty vial that once contained methadone prescribed to William Burroughs and a 1968 first edition of Tom Wolfe's book The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, signed by 45 stars of the 60s counterculture scene, are being auctioned in San Francisco next week as part of the sale of a unique collection of beat and avant-garde literature and ephemera.
The sale takes place at PBA Galleries in San Francisco on 10 October, and will be followed by a second auction in January 2014, focusing on books and other materials about drugs. A third sale will follow in May 2014.
More at theguardian.com

No comments: