About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Authors United

A letter signed by more than 900 authors claims Amazon is using authors as leverage in negotiations by blocking the sale of books by Hachette authors and asks Amazon to resolve its dispute with Hachette "without further hurting authors."


A Letter to Our Readers:

Amazon is involved in a commercial dispute with the book publisher Hachette , which owns Little, Brown, Grand Central Publishing, and other familiar imprints. These sorts of disputes happen all the time between companies and they are usually resolved in a corporate back room.

But in this case, Amazon has done something unusual. It has directly targeted Hachette's authors in an effort to force their publisher to agree to its terms.


Read the letter and check out who signed it: Authors United

No comments: