About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, February 02, 2015

Living To Tell The Tale

I have been struggling over the last few months to read Living to Tell the Tale, the memoirs of Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Márquez. It starts out well and I was initially engaged but by the time I reached the halfway point of this 500 page book I was put off by the multitude of names and events that went off in all directions and didn't seem to link together in any coherent way. I always feel guilty when I put a book aside without finishing it, especially when it is written by a favourite author but I set this one aside. I may get back to it eventually (I've left it on my bedside table) but somehow I think not unless I'm in the mood for tedium. 

No comments: