About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

From Drip Paintings To Pan Drippings: Artist Jackson Pollock Also Liked To Cook



During a photo shoot a few years ago at artist Jackson Pollock's house, Australian photographer Robyn Lea noticed the good-quality French bakeware and tablecloths that remained from Pollock’s days there. She wondered,“Were they cooks and entertainers?” That’s how she got ahold of a collection of nearly 70 handwritten recipes that belonged to Pollock and his artist wife, Lee Krasner. Lea began working with the recipes, cooking alongside her husband. Her new book,  Dinner With Jackson Pollock: Recipes, Art & Nature, shows us another side of him.



More: Food Republic

No comments: