About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hear Anaïs Nin Read From Her Celebrated Diary

Author Anaïs Nin (1903-1977) reads excerpts from her memoirs "The Diary of Anaïs Nin" which she began writing at the age of 11 and continued to write until her death. Nin is now once again rightly revered as a writer fully dedicated to the art, no matter the reception or the audience. The astonishing stream of words that flowed from her, recording every detail of her experiences, “seems nothing less than phenomenal,” wrote Noel Young of Nin’s nonstop letter writing. When it came to the detailed, insightful, and acutely philosophical recording of her life, “the act of writing may have even surpassed the act of living.”



More: Open Culture

No comments: