About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Anyone Can Contribute to This Giant Poem...if You Can Find This Typewriter

Since 2014 “The Typewriter Project” has been popping up in New York City parks. Inside a small, wooden shack is a seat, a typewriter, and a 100-foot-long scroll of paper. The project is working to engage everyday New Yorkers by giving them a chance to contribute to a long, ongoing poem.

"I think that poetry needs a new connection with people and this definitely does that," Shabazz Larkin, a New Yorker who recently took a turn at the typewriter, tells Narvaez. "It's incredible, I'm jealous I don't have one of these in my house."
The Typewriter Project is stationed inside McCarren Park in Williamsburg, Brooklyn through July 24.

No comments: