About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Jack Kerouac's Lost Novel


Sur Le Chemin, a complete novel in French that is a precursor to On The Road, is set 15 years earlier and features similar characters, but younger, teenage versions. Kerouac told Neal Cassady, a Beat icon and the inspiration for one of the two central characters in On The Road, that it explained all the mysteries of his most famous book.
This spring, Les Editions du Boreal in Montreal published La Vie est d’Hommage, the first collection of Jack Kerouac’s writings in French, edited by the University of Pennsylvania’s Jean-Christophe Cloutier. The book contains Sur Le Chemin, as well as a shorter work, La Nuit est Ma Femme, along with letters and comments on other French writers.

More here 

No comments: