About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, November 11, 2016

What The Dead Know

I was intrigued by the synopsis I read of this novel by Laura Lippman. Two teenage sisters disappear from a Baltimore mall and are never found. Three decades later a woman who was injured in a car accident ends up in hospital without identification. She refuses to reveal anything more than that she might be one of the missing girls. I wanted to like it but in the end it was disappointing. I nearly gave up on it three quarters of the way through but forced myself to finish. There were too many narrators telling their stories in disjointed bits and pieces. The characters had no depth and the ending was anticlimactic.

No comments: