About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Richard B. Wright, author of Clara Callan, dies at 79

So sorry to hear of the death of St. Catharines writer Richard B. Wright. He published over 15 books during his illustrious career, including the novels Nightfall, The Age of Longing and In the Middle of a Life.

His best known novel, Clara Callan, which follows two sisters during the Great Depression, won the 2001 Giller Prize (now known as the Scotiabank Giller Prize), the 2001 Governor General's Literary Award for fiction and the 2002 Trillium Book Award.

We had some mutual friends and I met him several times. He was a very nice, down-to-earth fellow.

CBC Books

No comments: