About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Of Cats And Men

Some of history’s greatest men have been cat lovers, and their cats have contributed to their genius and legacy. In his book Of Cats And Men Sam Kalda profiles thirty luminaries and visionaries who have one thing in common: a pure and enduring love of cats.



William S. Burroughs 
“In many ways, Burroughs connected with cats more than people…Burroughs was once asked by poet and fellow Beat Allen Ginsberg if he ever wanted to be loved. ‘It depends. By who or what,’ he said. ‘By my cats, certainly.’


Ernest Hemingway 
“While living in Key West, Hemingway was given a cat by a ship’s captain. Snow White was a six-toed feline, the first of Hemingway’s famous brood of polydactyl cats in Key West…As Papa Ernest not so famously said, ‘One cat just leads to another.’”

Via

No comments: