About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, May 26, 2017

The Enchanted April and Almond Macaroons


"I devoured The Enchanted April in the garden, where it absolutely demands to be read. It follows four women as they escape a grey English winter to spend a month in a small, crumbling castle on the Mediterranean. It's a beautiful book, one that has been recommended to me many times, but that I am pleased I saved for this trip. The cook who works in the castle, Costanza, prepares many delicious sounding meals for the women: omelettes spilling fresh green peas from their ends, long spaghetti that the women try to cut with a knife, and plenty of almond macaroons, the 'best and biggest [they] had ever come across'."

Macaroon Recipe Here

No comments: