About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

London's Literary Spots

From a pub that hosted lectures by Karl Marx, to the house that Sherlock Holmes called home, there are plenty of London locations to whet the appetite of literary lovers. Londonist has posted photos of the city that bookworms will enjoy.

Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street


Bloomsbury Square was a meeting place for writers during the 1920s and '30s
that included Virginia Woolf, John Maynard Keynes & E.M. Forster as members.

Shakespeare's Globe

The home of Charles Dickens at 48 Doughty Street.

The George Inn, Borough High Street features in Little Dorrit.

Senate House, Russell Square - the inspiration for George Orwell's
sinister Ministry of Truth in Nineteen Eighty-Four.
More

No comments: