About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

The Brontë sisters, a supermodel, and a mansplaining academic are in a marvelous brawl


For the 200th birthday celebration of Emily Brontë the Brontë Society asked 30-year-old English supermodel and actress Lily Cole to host the event. Cole is not just a model, she holds double first degree in history of art from the University of Cambridge and is known as an activist. She helped save a London bookstore from going out of business and stepped down from a lucrative De Beers campaign after finding out that the company was evicting people from their homes in Botswana. The Brontë sisters, were they alive today, would be perfectly comfortable with Cole as their party co-hosts. But someone else isn't pleased.

More here

No comments: