About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Visit the Graves of 75 Famous Writers

Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)
Monk’s House garden, Rodmell, Lewes District, East Sussex, England
What to know: Virginia Woolf committed suicide by filling her pockets with stones and walking into the River Ouse. She was cremated, and her ashes are buried beneath an elm tree in the garden of Monk’s House, the 18th-century cottage where she lived with her husband, Leonard Woolf, from 1919 until her death. When Leonard Woolf died of a stroke, 50 years later, he too was cremated, and his ashes buried with his wife’s. The elm has since blown down, and busts of the Woolfs were erected in the garden in its place.

Literary Hub has posted a guide to the graves of 75 famous writers, at home and abroad, that are available to visit. Photos are accompanied by interesting facts about their final resting places.
A full list of authors is at the bottom of the post and you can click on the sites you want to see.



No comments: