About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Chuck Klosterman Likes Writers Who Aren’t Self-Absorbed Sociopaths

The cultural critic and author says that he trusts librarians’ literary opinions: “They have no agenda and plenty of free time.” He talks about his favourite books and who he might (or might not) invite to a literary dinner party:
"The only problem is that dead people might not understand what was going on, why they were suddenly alive, or why they were being forced to make conversation with some bozo at a weird dinner party. They might just sit there and scream for two hours. And even if they kept it together, I’m sure they’d be highly distracted. If I invite Edgar Allan Poe to dinner, it seems possible he’d spend the whole time expressing amazement over the restaurant’s air conditioning."
Read more: The New York Times

No comments: