About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Rejection Letters Sent to Writers

Literary Hub has gathered up a few of their favorite writer rejections:
From Donald A. Wollheim at Ace Books to Stephen King, upon receipt of Carrie:
We are not interested in science fiction which deals with negative utopias. They do not sell.
(Turns out they do.)

From publisher Angus & Robertson to a Mr. F. C. Meyer of Katoomba, Australia:
10/4/28
Dear Sir,
No, you may not send us your verses, and we will not give you the name of another publisher. We hate no rival publisher sufficiently to ask you to inflict them on him. The specimen poem is simply awful. In fact, we have never seen worse.
Yours faithfully,
Angus & Robertson Ltd. 
More here 

No comments: