About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Friday, September 25, 2020

I Made a Book of Erasure Poems Out of Stephen King's Misery

"I wasn’t necessarily trying to subvert Misery. I wanted to break out of it."

Until I began working on the poems that would become Hotel Almighty, the last thing I thought I’d be was an erasure poet. I wasn’t even sure I was a poet until I reached my 30s. I put it off for a long time because though I’d always loved poetry, I thought poetry belonged to the gods. Well, it belongs to the gods, of course, as an offering.
My attraction to erasure poetry starts with an attraction to found things in general. If someone drops a shopping list in the supermarket, I pick it up and read it. I draw mental lines between the items, connect the lime to the avocado, the toilet paper to our current panic.


Read More: Literary Hub

No comments: