About Me

My photo
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada
My virtue is that I say what I think, my vice that what I think doesn't amount to much.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Loose Ends

ILLUSTRATION: ELENA LACEY; GETTY IMAGES


Loose Ends
 is a literary supercut composed entirely of last lines from 137 science fiction and fantasy books, arranged into a sequence of interconnected vignettes.
Miles grinned sleepily, puddled down in his uniform. “Welcome to the beginning,” he said quietly. “We have a long way to go.”
“But I can’t speak Swedish,” I said.
“You’ll learn,” he said. “You’ll learn, you’ll learn.”
He threw on some more brush and watched the dark smoke spiral up under the sun, a warm and now comforting sun. “Let’s sail till we come to the edge.”
“Not until we can deliver our secret to our respective worlds. And acquire an intact ship.”
“Let’s go talk to Folimum and see what he says.” He turned back to his Master. He was ready to go.
“I think that could be arranged,” I said. I turned away from the bridge and Diane offered me her arm. I hesitated a moment, then took her arm.
Miles smiled. “Let the blind man show the way.”
He did.
Read more: WIRED

No comments: